Hongyo-ji temple

  • Hongyo-ji temple
Name of facilityHongyo-ji temple
OverviewShokensan Hongyo-ji temple is the Hongan-ji school of Jodo Shinshu sect. The temple is dedicated to Amida Nyorai. Although it moved here after the earthquake, it was not the reason. The temple was originally opened by a priest in Echizen in 1580. Afterward, the 15th chief priest went to Tokyo to visit his believers who settled in Tokyo and set up Hongyo-ji temple as a missionary place in Nippori, Arakawa ward in 1920. The 16th chief priest also came to Tokyo to carry out missionary activities in 1923. In 1931, the temple moved here from Sombocho, Fukui City after getting permission of the temple and graveyard relocation. The old main hall was completed in 1933 and the new main hall and the guest hall were completed in 1981.
Address4-6-10 Higashi-Iko Adachi
Access20 min. walk from Takenotsuka Station (West Exit) of Tobu Skytree Line​ ​
MapGoogle map

Recommended spots

Recommended events